12-hr Post-Graduate Training Program
Our unique post-graduate training class is designed (for postgraduate mental health clinicians in direct clinical practice) to provide an optimal environment for personal and practical learning. We do our best to keep the classes small in order to maximize individual attention and offer a hands-on experience… read more »
This training experience provides an enduring foundation for personal and professional growth which will transform your work with perinatal women. Designed to enhance clinical skills and therapeutic effectiveness through experiential learning, participation in this training will increase your knowledge of treating postpartum illness and greatly expand your clinical repertoire. This program, with a small group format, will provide you with the information, tools, and confidence you need to enhance your role as an expert in this highly specialized field of practice. Our mission is to prepare competent, reflective PPD experts who are passionate about providing excellent clinical treatment.
- This is an in-person*, crash course on diagnosis, screening, assessment, treatment options. Theoretical foundations and therapeutic approaches will be explored with an emphasis on the PPSC’s strategies and the HOLDING Model of Intervention.
- Training is based on almost three decades of clinical experience of Karen Kleiman, founding director of The Postpartum Stress Center.
- This course closely follows the theories and clinical practices presented in Therapy and the Postpartum Woman: Notes on healing postpartum depression for clinicians and the women who seek their help (Routledge, 2009) and The Art of Holding in Therapy: An essential intervention for postpartum depression (Routledge, 2017).
- This course has global appeal, drawing clinicians from around the world to gather in order to stay up-to-date and enhance their clinical practice.
- Information in this course is appropriate for new as well as seasoned clinicians.
- Although this course is best suited for clinicians in private practice, the content can be applied to program development for clinicians working in agencies or organizations interested in offering specialized services to their postpartum patients.
- The small group format is essential for optimal professional and personal enrichment.
- Selective participants may be eligible for ongoing consultation or mentoring, subject to the instructor’s schedule and availability. Interested attendees should contact the instructor following the course.
- Instructed by Karen Kleiman with Hilary Waller
*We regret that we cannot offer online trainings due to the intensive, intimate nature of this course, which is vital to this unique learning experience.
Who Should Attend
Participants should have a masters or doctoral degree from an accredited graduate program in mental health related field.
Social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, marriage and family therapists and other professionals interested in specializing in the treatment of perinatal mood & anxiety disorders will benefit from this one-of-a-kind training. Participation exceptions have been made to include nurses, doulas and midwives when their interests and clinical practice aligns with the heart of our training.
The Postpartum Stress Center’s 12hr Professional Training Classes are held at Normandy Farm Hotel and Conference Center in picturesque Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, in the Roosevelt Room.
Time: Friday 9am-4pm / Saturday 9am-4pm
Hotel Accommodations: It is strongly recommended that trainees reserve overnight accommodations at Normandy Farm, though additional accommodations are locally available. Guest rooms at Normandy Farm are available at a discounted rate at $149 per night (single or double occupancy). Please note that guest room reservations are extremely limited and we encourage you to book your reservation at Normandy Farm as soon as possible after you have completed your training registration.
Meals: Now included in your registration fee is dining at Normandy Farm’s fabulous hot and cold buffet breakfast. Breakfast is served at the conference center from 6:30 am to 9:00 am. Please plan to arrive in time to eat and then meet in our training room, The Roosevelt Room, a few minutes before 9:00 am. We will break during each day for a hot/ cold buffet lunch and for 2 snack breaks, fees for which are also included in your registration. Normandy Farms does provide options for individuals with dietary restrictions or preferences.
Please note that if you decide to lodge at another local hotel, your on site meals (breakfast, lunch, and snacks) are still included in the cost of your training registration. You may also take advantage of shuttle service from Normandy to off site locations provided that you are traveling from Normandy off site and returning to Normandy from that site.
- $1,795.00 – Regular Registration
- $1,500.00 – Scholarship (prior approval)
Continuing Education Credits This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for twelve (12) continuing education contact hours. All others should contact their state board for information regarding CE approval in a particular professional discipline. We will be happy to provide any information they may request.
All registrations are final. Any changes with registration must be made two months (60 days) in advance of the training date.
Please note there is an administrative fee of $150.00.
Due to the small classes, there are no refunds for changes or cancellation without 2 months notice.
Option #1: 100% of fee may be transferred to a future training. This credit will expire one (1) year from the date of the original training. Note that each participant is only entitled to one rescheduled registration.
Option #2: 50% refund for canceled registration with no credit toward future training.
Each participant will receive
- A copy of The Postpartum Stress Center’s Guide to Enhancing your PPD Private Practice: A checklist for successful practice.
- Training booklet including: Powerpoint presentation, PPSC handouts and established tools of intervention, pertinent research articles.
- Inclusion in the PPSC’s referral database and an online listing in our PPSC Clinician Referral list.
- PPSC Certificate of Completion.
- Web Certificate of Completion to post on clinician’s website.
- Opportunity for ongoing peer supervision with other PPD specialists.
- Transition to mentorship program if desired and available.
Upcoming Training Dates
March 3-4, 2018 closed
June 1-2, 2018 closed
Sept 7-8, 2018
Dec 7-8, 2018