12-hr Post-Graduate Training Program
Our unique post-graduate training class is designed (for postgraduate mental health clinicians in direct clinical practice) to provide an optimal environment for personal and practical learning. We do our best to keep the classes small (6-10 clinicians) in order to maximize individual attention and offer a hands-on experience… read more »
This training experience provides an enduring foundation for personal and professional growth which will transform your work with perinatal women. Designed to enhance clinical skills and therapeutic effectiveness through experiential learning, participation in this training will increase your knowledge of treating postpartum illness and greatly expand your clinical repertoire. This program, with a small group format, will provide you with the information, tools, and confidence you need to enhance your role as an expert in this highly specialized field of practice. Our mission is to prepare competent, reflective PPD experts who are passionate about providing excellent clinical treatment.
- This is a crash course on diagnosis, screening, assessment, treatment options. Theoretical foundations and therapeutic approaches will be explored with an emphasis on the PPSC’s strategies and the HOLDING model of intervention.
- Training is based on almost three decades of clinical experience of Karen Kleiman, founding director of The Postpartum Stress Center.
- This course closely follows the theories and clinical practices presented in Therapy and the Postpartum Woman: Notes on healing postpartum depression for clinicians and the women who seek their help (Routledge, 2008) and The Art of Holding in Therapy: An essential intervention for postpartum depression (Routledge, 2017).
- This course has global appeal, drawing clinicians from around the world to gather in order to stay up-to-date and enhance their clinical practice.
- Information in this course is appropriate for new as well as seasoned clinicians.
- Although this course is best suited for clinicians in private practice, the content can be applied to program development for clinicians working in agencies or organizations interested in offering specialized services to their postpartum patients.
- The small group format is essential for optimal professional and personal enrichment.
- Selective participants may be eligible for ongoing consultation or mentoring, subject to the instructor’s schedule and availability. Interested attendees should contact the instructor following the course.
- Instructed by Karen Kleiman and Hilary Waller
Who should attend
Participants should have a masters or doctoral degree from an accredited graduate program in mental health related field.
Social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, marriage and family therapists and other professionals interested in specializing in the treatment of perinatal mood & anxiety disorders will benefit from this one-of-a-kind training. Participation exceptions have been made to include nurses, doulas and midwives when their interests and clinical practice aligns with the heart of our training.
Each participant will receive
- A copy of The Postpartum Stress Center’s Guide to Enhancing your PPD Private Practice: A checklist for successful practice.
- Training booklet including: Powerpoint presentation, PPSC handouts and established tools of intervention, pertinent research articles.
- Inclusion in the PPSC’s referral database and an online listing in our PPSC Clinician Referral list.
- PPSC Certificate of Completion.
- Web Certificate of Completion to post on clinician’s website.
- Opportunity for ongoing peer supervision with other PPD specialists.
- Transition to mentorship program if desired.
Location, Fees, Meals
All professional training classes are held at our main office in Rosemont, Pennsylvania.
Friday 9:00am-4:00pm / Saturday 9:00am-4:00pm.
We regret that we cannot offer web-based trainings remotely due to the intimate nature of this course. Click here for more details “Location + Hotels”
- $1,695.00 – Regular Registration
- $1,400.00 – Scholarship (prior approval)
- Due to the high demand, effective June 2018, we will no longer offer a group discount rate in order to give more individual practitioners the opportunity to take the class
Friday: Bagels and coffee Friday morning. Gourmet pizza and salad for lunch.
Saturday: Mini-sandwiches for lunch
If you have special dietary needs, we regret that we must ask that you provide your own food.
Continuing Education Credits This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for twelve (12) continuing education contact hours. All others should contact their state board for information regarding CE approval in a particular professional discipline. We will be happy to provide any information they may request.
All registrations are final. Any changes with registration must be made two months (60 days) in advance of the training date. Please note there is an administrative fee of $150.00.
Due to the small classes, there are no refunds for changes or cancellation without 2 months notice.
Option #1: 100% of fee may be transferred to a future training. This credit will expire one (1) year from the date of the original training. Note that each participant is only entitled to one rescheduled registration.
Option #2: 50% refund for canceled registration with no credit toward future training.
- Do you have directions to the PPSC?
- Did you download and read the pdf files you received when you registered?
- Do you have copies of the books “This Isn’t What I Expected” (note when purchasing: revised second edition) “The Postpartum Husband” ,“What Am I thinking?” “Therapy and the Postpartum Woman” Please read them in preparation for the training.
- Will you need hotel accommodation information? If yes, please click here for info.
- Make sure you have uploaded your resume when you complete the Training Participant Profile.
- Do you need clarification or have any questions? Are you wondering if this training will meet your expectations? Do not hesitate to call us (610) 525 7527 x3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Training Dates
September 8-9, 2017 closed
December 1-2, 2017 closed
March 3-4, 2018
June 1-2, 2018