The Center for Women’s Mood Disorders recently opened the Perinatal Mood Disorders Inpatient Unit at the University of North Carolina (UNC) in Chapel Hill.
According to Dr. Samantha Meltzer-Brody : “it’s the first of its kind in the U.S., and it’s designed specifically for women with postpartum depression.”
Highlights of the treatment program as reported on WSOCTV:
1) Hospital grade lacation equipment for breastfeeding moms who want to save milk
2) Extended visiting hours for baby/mommy bonding
3) Rooms have gliders for relaxation
4) Therapies include: psychotherapy, group therapy, family therapy, biofeedback and relaxation therapy.
5) Length of stay varies from a few days to a couple of weeks
6) Open to anyone in the country (some insurances accepted)