Read each statement and check the ones you feel are true for you. Put a circle around the boxes which reflect those you need to work on.
- When disagreeing, I am comfortable letting others be right.
- In instances when I truly believe I am right, I can still see my partner’s point of view.
- I am able to weigh the pros and cons of a situation.
- I am good at controlling my emotions when I believe I am right and my partner is wrong.
- I am able to uphold my view of our partnership even if we are disagreeing.
- I am able to settle with the outcome of any disagreement and I do not let my negative emotions linger.
Any box with a circle around it means you should be alert to this when working together, especially in conflict.
© Tokens of Affection:Reclaiming your Marriage after Postpartum Depression (Routledge, 2014) Kleiman w/Wenzel