If you have been referred to the PPSC for an evaluation or are interested in making an appointment please note the following information:
- If you’re not sure whether you should make an appointment or not, call the PPSC and speak to a therapist about the way you are feeling. We will help you determine whether an evaluation is indicated and what your next steps should be if you’re not feeling well.
- We are aware that making this first call can be difficult. We also know that symptoms can get in the way of doing what you need to do to feel better and that waiting can make symptoms worse. Often, making this first call is the the beginning of your recovery.
- When you call, you are likely to get our answering system since most of the time, all therapists are in session. If this is your first time calling, please press “1” to request an initial appointment. One of our therapists will call you back some time that day to arrange a good time to meet with you.
- You are welcome and encouraged to bring your baby and/or your partner with you to any session.
- Office hours are by appointment Monday through Saturday. Evening hours are available.
If you prefer, you can contact us through the website and a therapist will contact you.
Make an appointment
- We accept most major insurances.
- Please note that our senior therapists in the Pennsylvania office do not participate with health insurance plans. They are considered to be an “out-of-network” providers. Depending on your insurance plan, you may be able to expect some reimbursement. Please call your insurance company and ask them if they reimburse for out-patient counseling with out-of-network providers. They may ask for a procedure code, a diagnosis code, and whether the therapist is licensed. We have all the information you will need and will provide this on an itemized receipt that you can submit for reimbursement after payment is made
- Payment is expected at the time of visit unless other arrangements are made in advance. Checks, cash and credit cards are accepted.
- The fee is a fixed rate that will be discussed between you and your therapist. Sliding scale is available.
- 24-hour notice is required for cancellation or the regular fee will be charged.
- At the PPSC our staff is sensitive to the increased financial responsibility on postpartum families. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have financial concerns. Financial hardship will be determined on an individual basis.