INTRODUCTION TO KAREN KLEIMAN’S THE ART OF HOLDING with Hilary Waller
VIRTUAL COURSE via Zoom (REGISTRATION DETAILS TBD SOON!)
6 Hours- $600 ($200, limited offer to trainees who have completed Karen Kleiman’s 12 Hr The Art of Holding Perinatal Distress™ course.)
Today an abundance of training opportunities exist for healthcare professionals seeking to specialize in the identification and treatment of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. Karen Kleiman’s Art of Holding is a clinical approach rooted in psychoanalytic theory that integrates cognitive behavioral and mindfulness tools for relief from perinatal distress. This course provides training in the basic tenets of the Holding Paradigm and instruction on how to integrate skills for The Six Holding Points into any form of maternal care practice.
- Distinguish Karen Kleiman’s The Art of Holding Perinatal Distress from other therapeutic approaches for treatment of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
- Integrate use of holding points and understanding of authentic suffering to improve assessment of symptoms.
- Utilize six holding points to develop rapport in consideration of perinatal specific resistance.
- Utilize six holding points to reduce therapist reactivity during therapeutic sessions in consideration of ways perinatal stage is uniquely triggering for therapists.
- Apply holding skills to address perinatal specific losses in practice.
- Apply holding skills to increase insight into therapist implicit and explicit bias and reduce impact on client.
This elite virtual roundtable discussion facilitated by Karen Kleiman, with Hilary Waller, is offered to PPSC expert clinicians who have completed the PPSC 10 or 12-hr professional training program. Our…read more »
On-site presentations and in-services are presently available for parts of PA, NJ, NY, DE, and MD only. ...read more »
Please fill out the form and we will be in touch. If you prefer a different way please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ...read more »
Therapists who treat families struggling with perinatal mood and anxiety disorders have unique challenges and rewards. This specialized work requires great attention to the particular needs of this population, as well as attention to its impact on the clinician. ...read more »
Due to the number of qualified applicants who are sincerely committed to this work and our limited availability ...read more »
Consultations are offered to individuals and/or organizations seeking professional or operational guidance. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual requests for academic or research assistance.
Fees for these consultations vary depending on the request and will be…read more »