Make a referral
If you are a healthcare provider working with a pregnant or postpartum woman who is experiencing symptoms of depression and/or anxiety please note the following:
- Give your patient our phone number (610-525-7527) (If you are worried about her safety, please have someone from her family take her directly to the emergency room.)
- If they reach our voicemail have them leave a message and a therapist will return the call within a couple of hours.
- They can also complete this online contact form and a therapist will call them back to schedule an appointment.
- If you are especially worried about a particular patient, it is helpful if you also call us directly and tell us your concerns so we can make sure to intervene as immediately as possible. If your concerns are urgent, we will do our best to have your patient evaluated within 24 hours if possible. However, please note that due to privacy concerns, it is our policy to have the patient call our office directly and leave a message if she wants us to call her. If someone from your office calls in a referral with a name and number for us to call, we will call you back and ask you to call the patient and have her or her family member call us.
- We would also appreciate it if you would note in your patient file that she has been referred to the PPSC so any covering physician will see that she is either at risk or in treatment for depression or anxiety.
Thank you and don’t forget to screen every pregnant and postpartum woman for depression and anxiety!